gas after eating oranges

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottontail

Reaction score
I like to juice for myself and give the pith to the rabbits. I juiced about 24 oranges and gave the rest to my colony. Is orange peels bad for them? What can I do for gas? She was one of my favorite bunnies. They live in a colony and the others don't have any problems.

There are 7 females in the colony that ate the Orange peels. The buck is in a cage by himself. I guess the drops would work. I'll get some tomorrow.

I've been giving my rabbits orange peels and banana peels but usually only a portion of a peel per rabbit. My co-workers save me their peels and between them and myself, they get a bit of fruit peel every day or so. Is that okay, Maggie?

Frecs, sorry but I don't really know how much fruit peel is safe to give them. Mine rarely get fruit and when they do it is usually small windfall apples. If you've been doing it for awhile without ill effects, it is probably okay to continue. I'd be a bit concerned that there might be pesticides on the peel though. (I know, I'm no help at all on this.)

Latest posts

Back