French Angora Buck (pics)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
As requested, I'm uploading a couple of pictures of the new boy. He's 8 months old, REW from a long line of REW and Pearl/Sables. Very sweet, nice buck. Quite long in body (compared to my girls) but not as big as Aztec, the behemoth doe. He's in a cage right next to Aztec, who came over and started sniffing noses with him. They lay next to each other, so it's a companion thing going :)

Any comments or critiques are fine. Good or bad. I'm hear to learn!

He's just finished blowing his coat, new one coming in. I've no clue how nice or bad it will be, but there are quite a number of GC's in his background, so it probably won't be a BAD coat. The fiber he has is quite fine compared to Aztec's massive mop. Should be interesting to watch.

Side shot...he's easy to handle, but new surroundings and all. I didn't want to try to pose him on a table since he seems to be, er, curious, shall we say? He's all lumped into the corner in this one, but at least it's fairly typical of what he looks like.
BingoSide.jpg

And his cute, fuzzy little face.
BingoFront.jpg

Farm Girl, I try to spin it :) I'm good with wool and linen, and even acceptable with silk, but I positively SUCK with straight angora. I'm just not patient enough. but it's getting better.

Maggie, I wouldn't mind if he started laying Cadbury eggs :D wow...that would make my day! As to Aztec...:rotfl: he's about 1/2 her size given that she has an almost full coat right now. He's actually only three pounds lighter than she is, and ALMOST as long, but her head is almost 2x the size of his, her ears are longer, and even her TAIL is longer by an inch or so. She's just massive.

Fortunately, once you lay a hand on her she just goes quiet and lets you do whatever you like with her. If she ever decided to fight me, I'd lose. No question.

Bingo just lays there gazing at her now. Kind of like "wow....you're be-a-u-ti-ful" :D He just puts his little nose over to her cage and sniffs her.

Smitten - that's a great name :)

He's a cutie pie for sure - I do love the french boys :)

Oh how lovely! I love how Angoras look and feel! There are a couple of people trying to sell some in my area on craigslist but I've never had them before and really want to "Observe" someone who has them and can take me through the entire process of shearing or plucking (is that the right word?) that and I don't have my cages done yet...I'm supposed to be getting meat rabbits not fluffy bunnies...hmmm...but maybe eventually! Anyways-Anntann your bunnies are gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back