Foot injury

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mannbuns

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I need help again. 🤦🏼‍♀️ One of my buns has this large, bleeding lump on his hind foot. I'm assuming it got a cut and infected before we knew about the cut. How do I treat this? I've separated him from the rest of the litter while they are out grazing since he's gotten blood on their backs. Sigh. I don't want the poor thing to suffer and I don't have another cage open to keep him separated from the litter overnight. IMG_20220902_200804446.jpg

How do I clean it? I squirted some saline on it. I'm not sure this guy is going to let me do much more. He's a kicker.
I would get some warm water. Grab his scuff and get to work. If your lucky, he'll give up after a while. If you have someone that can help you that would be way easier.

If you could get it cleaned really good, then try putting a antibiotic ointment or coconut oil and some gauze on it and wrap his foot loose enough we’re it did restrict him hopping, but tight enough to where he couldn’t fling it off with vet wrap. I’ve done that on a couple of my buns that got a splinter or something that ended up with a abcess I had to drain. They don’t usually leave it long, but sometimes long enough to let it dry a bit and heal some. My girls are in a community run with others too.

honestly, if I had a grower do that kind of damage to himself, I'd hard-cull him. trying to fix a grower ... is it worth your time?

Thanks all for the advice! (I had seen these but hadn't replied because I'm a busy mama!) I had been concerned if I put something on his leg like ointment or wrappings that he would chew it up. The babies have bitten my rain boots and pulled a small chunk out of them!
I took a lazy way out to start and it worked so I kept with it. If anyone is interested, I used a saline solution and squirted it on a couple times a day. After a week it looked like a little tiny cut! I don't know exactly how it worked or it it got the bun to lick it a lot and the combination got rid of the lump and started the healing, but it's all better now!

Latest posts

Back