first time momma won't lift

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardenbunny

Reaction score
silly doe, her genitals looked ready, i brought her out to the male in a cat carrier which she was fine with, they met between cage first then put her in. he tried many times but never finished the way he did when i mated him to a friend's rabbit last year. i tried putting her in the carrier for a bit and trying again but same thing happened.

i put her back inside and tried to research for about an hour then put apple cider vinegar in her water ( to drink tonight) and tried again, same thing but this time she mounted him so it was a done day.

my plan is to try again tomorrow and if a no then switch cages for the night and try again Saturday. she should be able to live in the hutch next to him by sunday night.

any advice i was hoping they would breed like rabbits, sorry total newbie

Have you checked to see if there are any abnormalies with his genitals?

If everything looks normal and he is trying and she is willing then perhaps they just need a bit more room to maneuver to the right spot. I rarely breed my rabbits in cages but give them a 4 foot circular pen to court in. This way the doe cannot hide in a corner and the male has room to dance around her to help set the mood :wr_kiss:

great idea, I do have a large exercise pen I could try it in, thanks for the advice I know this is a common post so I have a lot of other ideas from those posts <br /><br /> -- Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:47 am -- <br /><br /> it worked! she lifted. got covered 3 times so proud of her!!! thank you!

Latest posts

Back