Fertile?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
I have a buck(chess) and I’m start to worry that he isn’t fertile. I have put him with one of my does 3 times. The first time I didn’t see any falloffs but they were together for one night so I don’t really know if she actually get breed and a month later chess had five falloffs and still no babies. The third time they stayed together for a week and I saw two falloffs and again no babies ( all of them were a month apart). two weeks ago I put chilli(the doe) with a other buck and he got one fallof and now she’s pregnant. A few things I want to add is that apparently chess has fathered litters before so?? also I breed a other doe to chess and the other buck (I really wanted babies and these rabbits are not for show so I don’t think it maters) and I don’t think she’s pregnant. I am 100% sure that chess is a guy and his parts are intact lol. he did go on a really stressful trip to to get to my island. He went through temperature shifts and got sprayed with salt water twice. could that have caused him to turn sterile?

Attachments

• D8393158-3310-49D6-A8F7-1AEEB262DA4D.jpeg
    D8393158-3310-49D6-A8F7-1AEEB262DA4D.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 6
I wouldn't think any of this could render him infertile.
Heat can, temporarily.
Another thing could be some issue like split penis, a condition where it doesn't always work out.

two years ago I kept my buck with my two breeding does for three weeks and got litters two weeks apart, there were some things at work I'm not sure about, he isn't a shy guy.

Back