Females or males?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckyjeff

Reaction score
So today is the day that we were to breed our rabbits for the first time. One male, 2 females. When I took the females to his cage, he did his thing but then both "females" did that thing back to him. I am afraid I have 3 males. Have I overlooked something? :oops:

In my experience the females ride the males too. This usually means they are in the mood and ready to go!

We have one proven lop doe that we have too hold because she insists on riding the buck.

One of my Champagnes insists on taking her turn before the buck gets his turn. Thankfully the buck I have right now is super tolerant and just sits there, LOL!

First time I saw that I was worried and flipped her over to check right away, but nope, she's a doe for sure! I'm hoping she's pregnant right now, actually. Will be interesting to see if her kits have the same personality. XD!!!

My does are quite aggressive, even the hollands. If the buck doesn't get to work soon, they show him what they want.

One of my mini rex can't be put with timid bucks because if they don't get down to business she beats them up by mounting them and smashing them in to the floor or any other object in the cage. Poor traumatized bucks. I have to hold her occasionally when I want to make mini rex x netherland dwarf crosses because the ND are too quiet of breeders. They just get crushed and harassed. Right now though I have a blue ND doe I was giving a break to humping the young american sable does she is housed with because she wants to breed again. The buck I want to cross her with though is probably sterile from the heat and she just had 2 litters in a row.

Latest posts

Back