Feed Quantities for Show Mini Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
I have been trying to streamline my rabbitry in a lot of ways, but one of them is trying to make sure I am feeding my Minis just the right amount of food. I have been doing quite a bit of research and have not found enough good resources that provide a general estimate for oz of food to feed per pound, especially for a medium-weight, show-only breed. I have been able to find one source that advised feeding roughly 1/2-1 oz per pound per day to a mature rabbit of any weight for feed with the proper ratio of nutrients. Does that sound correct?

Just pellets, I've found a good system for hay, but I wanted to hear what other serious rabbit breeders were doing for pellets.

I love your Mini in the profile picture by the way! So good to see another Mini Lop breeder. We are way to few and far between.

Just pellets, I've found a good system for hay, but I wanted to hear what other serious rabbit breeders were doing for pellets.

I love your Mini in the profile picture by the way! So good to see another Mini Lop breeder. We are way to few and far between.
What do you do for you hay?
Yes! How long have you been breeding ML?

At the moment we don't feed pellets. But it also depends on what kind of pellets you are getting. There are some designed to be a food 24/7 and some just to add extra vitamins and such.

I have Netherland Dwarfs and they have small bowls that get filled once every day
They don't usually eat it all, and some have two bowls because they'll dig some out

Latest posts

Back