Fatal virus or parasite?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoftPawsRabbitry

Reaction score
I had a 1 month old kit become very skinny and bloat, she couldnt poop but kept eating and all, was very alert, but she was grinding her teeth constantly, she never acted sick until the end, and I found her passed away the next morning, I had tried all GI stasis remedies and we measured out a very diluted and halved dose of dewormed when we were sure she was going to pass either way

Well now I have a doe, mother of a litter who i woke up to find she hadn't pooped since yesterday afternoon,isn't touching food, or even water, and has been hiding from her kits and wants to sleep but not wake up, also bloated and skeletal. This literally happened overnight, ang ideas of what could have happened and how to save her?

She passed away thismorning, we dissected her to figure out what was wrong, her anus was bloody and protruded slightly before we did, when we cut her open, all of her organs were healthy and functioning, but her entire digestive tract was stocked up with food and poop, she was digesting food since there was poop, her stomach was working, so were the other 2 rabbits, any ideas?

Latest posts

Back