False pregnancy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzy9

Reaction score
Have a doe that had a litter, and I've been trying to breed her for a couple weeks now since her day 21. She hasn't stood, in fact, neither buck I've tried her with has been as aggressive with their attempts to breed as normal. She squawks the whole time, and squats down in the corner with her tail tucked so he can't mount. Today she started nesting. She wasn't bred prior to the first time I put her in with the buck two weeks ago, the bucks never fell off, and she hasn't been near another buck that I hadn't put her in with myself.

Leave her be on the freak chance one of the bucks got her without realizing.......or assume this is a false pregnancy, and try her again? I watched all breeding attempts, so I know neither buck fell off.

In regards to feed, I'm feeding hay and pellets, plus supplementing with flax, BOSS, oatmeal, and working them up slowly on romaine and parsley.

Have you tried palpitating her to see it there are any kits inside?

You can keep putting her with the buck, just don't leave her in there for more than 30 min, so he cannot torment her too much.

Even with lighting and the temperature kept above freezing, my does are less co operative after January and even if they do lift, I tend to get smaller litters.

Thank you for the response. I've never been good at palpating....I can never tell anything. :lol: I've been really busy anyway, and just decided to let her be for a couple more weeks to see what happens. I'm sure it's just a false, if it is she'll just have a bit of a break then, and start fresh, if we get kits......bonus.

BTW.......your avatar is so cute! :D

Latest posts

Back