*Extremely graphic* Tumours

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonW

Reaction score
I received a text from a friend today who was freaking out because a doe she had just bought last month from the states was having loose and bloody stools. The doe was also grinding her teeth in pain. I asked a few more questions and learned that when she first got the doe she was concerned that she was on the skinny side and her condition has since decreased despite being choice fed and wormed.

I told my friend because she was in pain now she should either bring it to the emergency vets for treatment (which may or may not work) or put her down herself. She chose to put her down so I requested she do a necropsy and take pictures if she found anything unusual.

These are the pictures she took, unfortunately my phone won't upload the individual pictures of the tumours. She did cut open the intestines and they were packed full of tumours. The stomach is also completely hidden by a tumour.

393827_10150565260988417_509668416_10878777_100985042_n.jpg

403274_10150565263533417_509668416_10878804_1127711513_n.jpg

Worse of all this doe is only 6 months old.

Wow... maybe it's just the camera, but the muscles look so dark, especially on the sides, like they're bruised. I'm trying to put my finger on it... things just don't look right in those pics. Like she may have been skinny, but at the same time bloated? Some things look too big.

Here are more photos. The circled parts are intestines:
intestine.png

This is what came out when the thing was punctured:
intestine1.png

where was this rabbit purchased? I wonder what the environment and food was like that it had been dealing with....

Latest posts

Back