Everything sticks to my English angora

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleeB

Reaction score
HelloAll!

I have been raising meat rabbits for over and it’s going well. So I decided to jump into the world of woolers. My girl is an indoor bunny. She is out and about most of the day but gets put away at night in a 4x2 cage. My question is what do you line the cage that doesn’t stick to her fur? Just puppy pads? She chews those. And before anyone asks she has tons of enrichment toys. I brush her daily but just find everything sticks to her. Any advice would be welcome.

HelloAll!

I have been raising meat rabbits for over and it’s going well. So I decided to jump into the world of woolers. My girl is an indoor bunny. She is out and about most of the day but gets put away at night in a 4x2 cage. My question is what do you line the cage that doesn’t stick to her fur? Just puppy pads? She chews those. And before anyone asks she has tons of enrichment toys. I brush her daily but just find everything sticks to her. Any advice would be welcome.
The pain is real! I have struggled with this as well. I had to keep them sheared and found it impossible to keep them clean without a daily blowout. Our two kittens are certainly not helping them with the hay they insist on playing in and strowing around. I finally gave up.

We have the same problem here! Started raising meat rabbits and then I decided to get an English angora for my sister. Came to find out that housing him is way more difficult than the other buns due to EVERYTHING sticking in his coat. Even the hay he eats and sometimes his poop. We’re also still figuring out what the best situation is for our set up, but right now he’s a house bunny… he has part of my sister’s bedroom sectioned off and run of the house when we’re home in the evenings. We also try to keep his wool cut as short as possible.
The only other way we can keep him clean is in a wire floor cage, but he constantly bites at the bars and seems generally unhappy in there. Maybe it would have been better to raise him in a cage in order for him to be okay living in one long term.

Anyway, good luck with your angora bun! They’re fun and have such cute friendly personalities that we think the extra work is worth it. :) they’re smart, too!

Latest posts

Back