Evaluating MR

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohen Rabbitry

Reaction score
I had my very first litter about a little over 6 weeks ago. I was wondering at what age is the earliest that I should evaluate a kit to show, or sell?

Thanks,

Rachel

I have heard of people doing it either before or after the "uglies" don't know if MR have that happen or not. I would say look at em now and get favorites.

But I don't know, since I don't show. :)

starting at week three, but any you think are worth anything, keep 'em back until they are three months or so.

A few of my better rabbits never came into their own until late 6-8 or senior age. Until that point, they never looked like they'd amount to much, including a white satin doe which wound up taking BOB at an All-Satin show in Memphis. If you'd looked at her when she was 8 weeks old, no way would most people ever have imagined she'd wind up being what she wound up becoming.

Here are some pictures. I thought this might help. :) I am still learning how to pose, so if it is not correct, PLEASE tell me so I can correct it and get better. Thank you. Please critique also, I would love to know what everybody thinks.

Ziva-6 week old broken black doe
Ziva-front-12-23-10.jpg

Ziva-top-12-23-10.jpg

Ziva-back-12-23-10.jpg

Laila-6 week old black doe
Laila-front-12-23-10.jpg

Laila-top-12-23-10.jpg

Laila-12-23-10.jpg

Rachel

I really like the black doe. Her loins are a bit hollow, but apart from that she looks great. The broken doe looks OK, but she is a bit longer, and her loins are hollower.

Emily

Silver Star Rabbitry":3tg3gr0f said:
I really like the black doe. Her loins are a bit hollow, but apart from that she looks great. The broken doe looks OK, but she is a bit longer, and her loins are hollower.

Emily

Thank you. Is it maybe something that I am doing with posing, or is it just the way they are? Is there anyway I can help correct this, or no? BTW-I totally agree.

Rachel

Latest posts

Back