Early nesting

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginge

Reaction score
Hi,

few questions…. I have mated my rabbits 12 days ago, I have finished work this morning to be greeted by my doe with a big stash of hay in her mouth. It is the first time she has been mated. On mating the buck had 3 fall offs in the morning and 1 9 hours later. I removed my doe as she looked like she had had enough at this point.
I have noticed she has started urinating in the corners of her run the last 2 days which she doesn’t normally do in such big quantities.
She has literally spent the last few hours making a grass nest lol

few questions…..

1. I know it may be a false pregnancy with being so early, I dont want to risk mating her again just incase she has a double pregnancy, I would rather wait and see what happens, just wondering if any one has had a similar experience and it had been successful.

2. Do I leave the nest be or should I put a box In Now as she is using what was her indoor litter tray, do I rearrange her living quarters to accommodate her nest box or wait till day 27?

Obviously I know in a few days I’m going to have to clean it all out but she’s gone to some much effort I feel bad for interfering. (Hoping she will get it out her system and then settle down

3.Also when a doe has her kits, can you still let her out for exercise as long as the kits can’t get out their box? I have tried researching but can’t find anything online regarding this.

I’m being optimistic and hoping for the
Best, but time will tell! Wish me luck ck 😆

thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back