Does weight

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6weeks-4 mos mine are free feed, or since I don't fill up the feeders, it's more like 2-3 feeding sessions. They are not alone though. Once I split them up into individual cages, everything 4 mos and up gets feed the same, about 4-5 oz. The junior does do get an extra helping of hay up until 5 mos. Usually no one is left idle, the doe is either pregnant, or lactating or with the weanlings or showing.

With the Rex, up to 4 months or so freefed, in a grow out pen with other youngsters. Over 4-5 months, if I'm keeping them, they go into a single cage and get about 4-5 ounces of pellets, less if they don't clean that up.

Thanks sky, and 3mina. :) It's weird because these girls were weaned at 5 weeks, and separated to individual cages at 7 weeks. At 7 weeks they were on measured feed, and not free fed to 4 months like what you both do. We've been keeping a lot of this same line, and I'm thinking maybe this particular line is just more prone to being overweight like this, and I'm going to have to cut way down on what I feed them pellet wise, and get them to eat more hay.

Latest posts

Back