Does killing/eating babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary Ann's Rabbitry":3jhzohl5 said:
As goes for the loose minerals, I would get the ones for horses over goat..

Oh? Why is that? Goats are browsers, like rabbits, so I would think their mineral requirements would be closer? :hmm: <br /><br /> -- Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:57 pm -- <br /><br /> I wonder if there is a big difference in the mineral makeup anyway? I am going to see if there is still a label on my new mineral block... if there is I will post the breakdown so we can compare.

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":shz37qla said:
wow.. this is the first time I have read rabbits eating meat . .. I know chickens will.. but rabbits... :p
I will never give any meat to my rabbits.. Are you sure it isn't more of the fat content over the protein in the process meats being use??? As goes for the loose minerals ,, yes , you can get them.. I have checked.. but expensive.. and I would get the ones for horses over goat..

Keeping Poultry And Rabbits On Scraps [Alan Thompson] Penguin Press, 1942- ish --has a lot of information on how rabbits used to be fed ,- before the days of rabbit pellets, people would save every bit of household scraps of any kind, it is said [ in above referenced book] that "there is nothing humans can eat , or left overs from humans food, that rabbits can not eat, -fish waste is also mentioned.

Latest posts

Back