Doe's due date is this weekend

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnewton

Reaction score
My does due date is this weekend and she started nesting about 2 weeks after breeding, including pulling fur. This past week her nest has gotten more full but she hasn't pulled anymore fur. She has been eating more and gotten grumpier but now I'm worried. I've tried to check the nest and she got aggressive buti don't know what to think.

If/when they nest early, they don't always have their litter - but! Sometimes they still do. If she's grumpy, just give her space. Give her food, water and a quiet place and if she's gonna have babies, she'll know what to do. You can check if you like, but unobtrusively, mostly just to make sure there isn't babies out on the wire. We also bribe the doe when we are checking the nest. They love ti leaves, so we will give her a leaf and then check her nest, but these are angoras and get handled all the time.

If/when she has babies, handle the babies a lot from early on so the next generation will be easy to handle. Try bribery when she gets grumpy.

Back