Doe with caked mammary gland...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean and express the milk if you can. Warm, wet compress might help. I wonder if one of those breatfeeding handpumps would work to help express... maybe if you could find/make a smaller shield? Bagbalm or something similar afterwords might help keep it from happening again and help with any soreness she has.

When my doe had a mammary gland that was very full and enlarged (only one of them) I took the smallest kit and flipped her over and let him get an extra feeding in, on that one. Only had to do that twice and havent had a problem since then.

Great suggestions so far- I would strip out the milk by hand or pump initially to make sure it looks normal, and then either put kits on or express the milk yourself several times a day until improvement is noted.

There's nothing like expressing chunky milk from your doe's teat. I can't believe she actually laid there and let me. I could not get eh kits to nurse, and I wasn't sure if the milk was even safe.

Latest posts

Back