Doe seems to hate new Buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
We have our proven Doe that was just introduced to a new Buck. She try's to attack him every time they get together! I am going to start ACV in water again, and see if that makes her more willing to breed, but I don't want to ruin him for breeding by allowing her to try to be with him and having her hurt him. Is it likely they will EVER get along? Up to this point we have only had our starter pair and they love each other! She's been mounting him some but also rubs on him like she's happy with him......nothing like she treats the new Buck....

Hi,

I had a very similiar problem this year, and tried a lot. Putting them together in a very small box (no place to move much) seemed to do the trick for me, meanwhile they get along pretty good.

I think that broke the does routine because all circumstances were out of her control, and he could gather some confidence.

But rabbits are all different, I think there were other things suggested in that thread:
the-taming-of-the-shrew-after-awful-first-dates-t25976.html#p278526

Lol-I have heard about that sex change fairy, but I am sure on this one. He has testicles and she's had our only litter of kits last spring:). I did just get 3 new ones all at once, so I am wondering if I have just introduced them too soon, and if I just need to let her get used to the new smells for a little while first. I have this grand dream of six little bunnies playing and having fun together. But what actually happens is a lot of humping, chin rubbing, running and hiding, biting, and fur flying!

macksmom98":29kytgzu said:
Lol-I have heard about that sex change fairy, but I am sure on this one. He has testicles and she's had our only litter of kits last spring:). I did just get 3 new ones all at once, so I am wondering if I have just introduced them too soon, and if I just need to let her get used to the new smells for a little while first. I have this grand dream of six little bunnies playing and having fun together. But what actually happens is a lot of humping, chin rubbing, running and hiding, biting, and fur flying!
Visible testicles should be a pretty obvious sign then :lol:

Latest posts

Back