Doe never seems ready HELP!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3girls&1man

Reaction score
I have a female Holland Lop doe. She never seems to come in heat. I have checked her everyday for 2 weeks straight. She has no color on her vagina it never turns the slightest pink. I tried putting her with the male a few times and she ain't having it. What can I do to hurry her along. She hasn't had a litter now in 7 months. She is just now reaching 2 yrs old. Any and all advice is needed. Thanks

Have you tried a little Apple Cider vinegar in her water? About 1 Tablespoon per 1 Gallon of water and give it daily. Some folks swear by it and others "at it". :x

edit: kan't speel

Rabbits don't have heat cycles, they do have times when they are more receptive but they are induced ovulators.

Hollands are notorious for being difficult to breed. Tips on getting a doe bred are all over the forum, ones I have found useful:
First make sure she has a healthy diet and isn't too fat, check the buck for a split penis or reproductive issue.
Take her for a car ride (stress can help get her ready to breed), try swapping cages so she gets exposed to the buck smell, try breeding them differently (like if you tried table breeding do a cage breed), try her with a different buck (some does are picky), if both are very gentle you can try leaving them together for a couple days but this carries the risk of them injuring each other so use caution.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back