Doe gone crazy after lost litter?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acrehillfarm

Reaction score
So I have a doe who lost a litter a week or so ago. She has been quite skittish since I got her, but after a few days of losing her litter, she has taken to stomping and hopping and going crazy in her cage. There are no dogs out where she is at, and no predators that can get in. I can hear her stomping around even when I'm not near her or in sight.

So is this her begging to be bred again? Or some other issue I should be posting about in another forum?

I'd make sure (or try, anyway) that she doesn't have mastitis from losing the litter, and then breed her.

I'm guessing raging hormones, and the easiest way to deal with them would be to indulge them? :thinking:

One of my does was acting the same way after her kits were removed for weaning. Within two days she was just a stamping, huffing, growling tornado of hormones. I just assumed she was begging for breeding, but I did check her vent and it was about the darkest angriest purple I've ever seen. Figured that was a perfect opportunity to let a little first timer buck learn the ropes, I think they were both about the happiest rabbits west of the Mississippi that afternoon. Anyways, check her condition and then check her vent. If she seems fit and receptive breeding her will calm her down again, for a couple of weeks anyways.

Well, she wasn't super dark, but she just laid there with her tail in the air waiting, and waiting, and waiting. She didn't want to move, buck wasn't interested unless she did! Hopefully this gets her to calm down a bit.

Latest posts

Back