Doe flopped each fall off - success or try again?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jowsi002

Reaction score
After a 7 month baby drought, one of my does (will be her first litter) finally took yesterday, but I’m concerned even with 3 fall offs that it may not have taken? She flopped each time my buck got on top, my buck definitely did a fall off 3 times even with her doing that and each time she snapped up after he fell. Today she seems
interested in going back to the buck but I don’t want to stress her out and deal with issues that might come up from putting her with him again, but I’m concerned its a sign she didn’t take yesterday.
What are the odds she’s actually pregnant?

After a 7 month baby drought, one of my does (will be her first litter) finally took yesterday, but I’m concerned even with 3 fall offs that it may not have taken? She flopped each time my buck got on top, my buck definitely did a fall off 3 times even with her doing that and each time she snapped up after he fell. Today she seems
interested in going back to the buck but I don’t want to stress her out and deal with issues that might come up from putting her with him again, but I’m concerned its a sign she didn’t take yesterday.
What are the odds she’s actually pregnant?
My floppy doe had 10 kits.

Thank you @Buknee and @ladysown
Another breed I was working with, I had a doe who would do this as a clear deterrent to the buck, although she was much louder about it 😅 and with none of the other signs I usually see I got worried…and I may be a bit anxious to get some babies going after this long!
I got a good sign yesterday when her normally fairly docile self tried to rip my hand off, growls and all so hopeful for some new littles in March! 🤞

Latest posts

Back