Do you know what kind of rabbit is he ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 31491I Know that he is holland lop but is he mixed with any other rabbit breed? Thank youView attachment 31492
The way he stands looks like he's a Holland. It's hard to say for sure, though, if you don't have a pedigree. Hollands are so popular that there are a *lot* of crossbreeds out there.
How much does he weigh? Show-quality Hollands should not be over 4 pounds, but even if they are, it doesn't mean they're not full Holland Lop; some purebreds fall outside the standard. Also, Hollands are a dwarf breed so there will be "false dwarfs" who are bigger than the standard calls for (which can make excellent brood does, by the way), but they're as much a purebred Holland as a "true dwarf" rabbit.

The way he stands looks like he's a Holland. It's hard to say for sure, though, if you don't have a pedigree. Hollands are so popular that there are a *lot* of crossbreeds out there.
How much does he weigh? Show-quality Hollands should not be over 4 pounds, but even if they are, it doesn't mean they're not full Holland Lop; some purebreds fall outside the standard. Also, Hollands are a dwarf breed so there will be "false dwarfs" who are bigger than the standard calls for (which can make excellent brood does, by the way), but they're as much a purebred Holland as a "true dwarf" rabbit.
I'm not sure how much he weights but he is a little bit taller of 1 month old baby rabbit .

Attachments

• 20220909_185603.jpg
    20220909_185603.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Looks like a solid blue tort and a broken black tort. The lighting is tricky on the solid, but his coat color looks more like fawn than orange, so I'm thinking blue tort rather than black tort.
If that's the case, they're both non-extension colors so you should get mostly black torts, and some blue torts if the broken black tort also carries a dilute gene. Depending on what else might be hidden in their genotype, you could get a few other colors like REW, chocolate tort, sables, ermines or pearls.
A broken x solid will give you 50/50 brokens and solids, statistically. I say statistically because I have had litters of 100% brokens and litters of 100% solids from that cross - each bunny has a 50/50 chance of being either and it's pretty much a roll of the dice.

Last edited:
Looks like a solid blue tort and a broken black tort. The lighting is tricky on the solid, but his coat color looks more like fawn than orange, so I'm thinking blue tort rather than black tort.
If that's the case, they're both non-extension colors so you should get mostly black torts, and some blue torts if the broken black tort also carries a dilute gene. Depending on what else might be hidden in their genotype, you could get a few other colors like chocolate tort, sables or pearls.
A broken x solid will give you 50/50 brokens and solids, statistically. I say statistically because I have had litters of 100% brokens and litters of 100% solids from that cross - each bunny has a 50/50 chance of being either and it's pretty much a roll of the dice.
Thank you so much 🍀🌷

Latest posts

Back