DIY Pringles Can Hay Feeder

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madi_sway

Reaction score
I've discovered a nice little DIY hay feeder you can make by using pringles cans!

What you need:
-Pringles can
-scissors/utility knife
-flexible wire to attach it
-colored paper(optional)
-bunny safe glue(optional)

Wipe the can out first to get any left over chip seasoning out. Then poke two small holes with a utility knife/scissors and make the holes bigger (about 1.5-2 inches in diameter). Cut the paper to the length of the can and cut the holes out in the paper. If you choose to use bunny safe glue, just paste it together and let dry. Then, wrap a thin, flexible wire around it. This will hold the paper in place pretty well(if you didn't use glue) and you can then attach to the cage wire. Then fill with hay, pop the lid on, and let your bun enjoy!

You can also leave the wire off, if using glue, and let it free roll in the cage. Or, you could even hang it vertically from the top of the cage, sort of like a bird feeder.

Attachments

• IMG_6894.JPG
    IMG_6894.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 2,362
Darn. I just bought several hay feeder balls plus I use a lot of Pringles.

It's probably one of those types of things where if they start eating it you take it away. Like certain dog toys, before they get eaten. (Tennis ball eating dog here)

ladysown":32sgufyd said:
won't the rabbits end up eating it? Aren't pringles cans lined with aluminum?

My bun shreds the decorative paper, but hasn't bothered the can itself. But, it is possible they might try to eat the can. Like ozemba said, you just take it away if you see then chewing on the can. :D <br /><br /> -- Sat May 26, 2018 1:55 pm -- <br /><br /> Also, as an update:

My two baby buns(a Netherland and a Nethie/lionhead mix) both love this hay feeder! They don't chew on the can at all, but they enjoy eating the hay from it! I tried to use regular hay feeders with them, but they made a mess. With this one, the can holds the hay in better and it doesn't fall out as easily-so less mess.

Back