Day 35...Still hasn't kindled

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
I have a Mini Lop doe that is 35 days into her pregnancy. She built a beautiful nest on day 27, but no kits as of yet. However she is definitely pregnant as I can see baby bunny kicks in her stomach and all her behavior points toward it (Not my first litter with this doe.)
I am seriously concerned that there may be a kit stuck or another problem. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on either how to kickstart labor, or tell if a kit is stuck.

Well, the only real things that will kick start labor is (preferably fresh) lavender, or a shot of oxytocin. Lots of the other things that ‘induce labor’ are really more like vitamins for the doe in case she was missing any and that is the reason that she hasn’t given birth. So things like tums, parsley, other things I used that didn’t work for me that I don’t remember.... etc etc etc.

I would recommend that you use the nutrition full things before you induce just in case she is missing anything, then maybe give her lavender/oxytocin.

If you do want to give her oxytocin but don’t know how much, or how to give it to her, here’s a VERY use link. (Oxytocin is at the very bottom of the list)
http://www.morfz.com/rx/drugcalc.html

Also I don’t know but from my research, I wouldn’t really worry unless she is showing signs of distress.
Signs of stress in rabbits
Excessively nervous and jumpy.
Restlessness.
Unusually aggressive and difficult to handle.
Lethargy.
Lack on interest in food.
Rapid breathing.
Easily agitated.
Excessive grooming.
I’m sure there are others that I can’t remember but ya. Hope she turns out ok and gives birth to health kits.

any babies? Miscarriage? I had a doe kindle 7 healthy live babies on day 42 so I've given up on logic but let us know how it's going with you're doe!

Hello guys. It’s day 40 and my chinchilla doe hasn’t had her babies yet. She pulled a bit of fur on day 38. She was also palpitated and she’s definitely pregnant. I’ve given her inducing leaves and nothing yet. I’m getting pretty worried.

Latest posts

Back