Day 34. No kits. Please see video

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel749

Reaction score
First time doe.

My doe mated with the buck 34 days ago today.

Iv gave parsley, tums for calcium, plenty of hay and water.

I put her in with the buck today to see if it would help things move along *if she is pregnant*. She wouldn’t even let him mount her. She kept running away and even went for him properly so I removed her. She was only in there less then 2 mins.

When they mated 34 days ago she just stayed still and let him do his thing and he had 3 fall offs.

She keeps digging into the corner or her hutch & run when out and tearing newspaper but no kits.

Patience. One of my does consistently kindles at day 35, so that's within the range of "normal".
But she definitly looks very pregnant then, has 8 kits at average.

Patience. One of my does consistently kindles at day 35, so that's within the range of "normal".
But she definitly looks very pregnant then, has 8 kits at average.y
But she definitly looks very pregnant then, has 8 kits at average.
My other does have always been done by day 32. I’m just wondering if she’s not pregnant at all and I’m imagining things. :)

On the video, I only see her panting. Could be a sign of pregnancy since their metabolism runs in high gear then, or it's just hot.
Just wait, and if it's that hot as it looks like maybe give her something cool to lie on.

I've had my share of litters when I thought that she didn't look preagnant.

That video was first thing in the morning and although it was warm it wasn’t boiling at that point and she was in the shade.

thanks for the replying. I will just keep waiting and checking. She’s made a small nest outside the nest box I put in.

i have this short clip too. It’s really hard to catch any movement.

My one doe has a gestation period of 35 days. A lot of things online say a gestation period is 30-32 days, but just like humans, that can be longer or shorter depending on the rabbit. I’ve heard sometimes it takes 40 days. Worst case scenario you can take your doe to the vet and have them palpate them to make sure she’s pregnant

Today is morning of day 36 - no kits still. I can only guess maybe she’s not pregnant.

If she’s not pregnant I’m unsure why she wouldn’t mate with the buck a couple of days ago and attacked him.

Day 44 - no kits. I can only presume she wasn’t pregnant.
Lets hope my other doe gives birth in 7 days like she’s meant too.

Back