Dandelion- More Nutritious than Some Vegetables

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dandelion and burdock is a beverage consumed in the British Isles since the Middle Ages. It was originally a type of light mead.Traditionally it was made from fermented dandelion and burdock roots, hence the name.
If there's a vague chance you can eat or drink something you can bet good money us Brits have tried it 😊
Liver health decoction, a little mixed with water in a glass To make a tea.

Dandelions are already flowering where I live so two days ago I gathered some leaves and flowers and all of the rabbit got two of each (Obviously I washed them)

As a European I'm very proud of our contribution of the dandelion. It was probably by accident because we don't usually do anything positive on purpose.

Except rabbits, we have come up with some damn fine rabbits. That's why I keep Californians 😊
How do you make tea with dandelions. I love your post. Thank you

How do you make tea with dandelions. I love your post. Thank you
We gather the plant, eat the tops, and dry the root.
then grind the root when needed and steep in hot water.
the amount is two teaspoons. Very good for your liver, digestion.
in my opinion.

What method do you use for root drying? A dehydrator? On screens outdoors? Etc?

Thank you!
Oh, i love dandelion tea! I prefer the flowers roasted at 200 degrees f until they are very lightly browned and crumbly, that way they have an almost caramelized flavor and they are fully dry. You can do the same thing to the roots, thoroughly wash them and chop them up in thin slices, lay them out evenly on a pan and bake them in the oven at 200 until dry. Your whole house will smell delicious

Oh, i love dandelion tea! I prefer the flowers roasted at 200 degrees f until they are very lightly browned and crumbly, that way they have an almost caramelized flavor and they are fully dry. You can do the same thing to the roots, thoroughly wash them and chop them up in thin slices, lay them out evenly on a pan and bake them in the oven at 200 until dry. Your whole house will smell delicious
thank you. I will give this a try. How many flowers to brew an 8 oz cup of tea?

Our family actually harvests dandelions to eat ourselves! There is even a store that sells the greens and they're HUGE. We love it. Glad to hear they're very nutritious, too! We love growing them here. My neighbours, on the other hand, are less than thrilled by my love for them. We take all the dandelions from our neighbours who use the mechanical tool to remove them by the root. They go straight to the buns, who also love them! I'm a big dandelion fan, if you couldn't tell 😂
Good for you they are! I don’t have a weed problem, I have natural herb production

Glad to hear someone doing that to! I ordered some fancy dandelions with pink centers from a heirloom seed catalog, fingers crossed!
Was that Baker Creek Seeds? I almost got the pink dandelions, too, but there were too many on the 'oooh, I want that' list so they didn't make the final cut.

I did see some amazing long stemmed dandelions in Alaska. Very vibrant and with long stems. My friend who lives there said they didn't bloom for all that long of a season, but considering it's Alaska, they don't have a lot of summer season there.

Back