Cuts on Baby

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
Hi,
Well, I have a quick question.
I've mentioned on here that my doe had her first litter Sunday. She had 2 on the wire. One was already dead, but one was still alive. I was cleaning out the nesting box this morning and looking over all the bunnies. I noticed that the one born on the wire had several cuts on it. They are not bleeding and don't look infected, but I was wondering if there is anything I can rub on them or anything I should do.
Thanks,

Have you clipped the dam's nails recently? They're probably too long, and she accidentally scratched it.

I've seen raccoons be unsuccessful at grabbing a kit from the nest (or in this case, wire), leaving cuts on the kit from long nails.

Just make sure the kit is clean and it will be fine. If they are bad you could put a little super glue on them, but in the past I've just left them alone. I'm sure mine were from the doe's nails scratching, in my case there are no racoons in the barn, not with those dogs living in there are well.

Latest posts

Back