crossing the canada/US border with rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
Just how hard is it to get rabbits into the US? I am closer to the border than almost anything else...People pop over here for deals at Costco...I just wondered if I could widen the pool, when hunting for replacements, since I have an actual pasport...Is it awful?

We cross all the time with rabbits.

There is no rules or regulations governing rabbits, they are considered pets and they don't need any paperwork.

But wait..... They WILL give you the second degree AND pull you in to talk to Fish and Game... You must always claim they are your own pets, you didn't get any new ones, that they always belonged to you.....blah blah blah Most guards don't know a thing about them so sometime go off on you. The best thing is to get the person you are buying from to get you the peds in advance with your name as owner on them then they look more like yours..just say you were at a rabbit show in Canada when you come back they will ask for "PAPERS" hahahaha show em the peds... As for entering canada if you don't have rabbits at all don't mention anything about them, you are going to see some friends for the day.....:)
What Devon said is true, but the American guards seem to like to make a mountain out of a molehill every freakin time the Canadian ones have been nicer but then again you may find that situation reversed haha

Back