Crosman Quest1000 break barrel works well

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnetmoth

Reaction score
Hi all,
after agonizing back and forth a few times, we settled on the Crosman Quest 1000. Fiddly little trigger lock, but the key worked fine and came right off. Takes some strength to cock it, and you have to be just a bit gentle bringing it straight out to fire so you dont make the pellet fall out (keep the barrel down and bring the stock up to finish the cocking action) Good and quiet too- about the volume of a door slamming.

the 3 youngest took one shot and went really stellar. the oldest got 2 shots and wasnt 100% gone immediately- I think I aimed a bit too far down into the neck instead of through the skull.

BIG improvement in technique, and we took a big nap! Chickens liked the treat they got, and our neighbor dog will get some treats probably tomorrow!

4 was a decent investment of afternoon- AND DH told me last night we can keep 2 jr does, hes liking seeing them grow up and get in the freezer

I am sure that works pretty well too- I have had tendinitis in my dominant hand and its hard for me to hold them tight and aim well with blunt force.

I have a Crosman 2200 Magnum rifle, it's a .22 calibre and I can pump it up to about nine or ten times. Someone left it at a house I bought in Toronto many years ago and I got some new seals and rebuilt it. Something is still wrong with it as I get air leakage at about five pumps but it works well. One shot usually does it.

Back