Crock Pot Rosemary Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so excited! I finally found a non-fried rabbit recipe that hubby really really loved! He just generally wants everything fried or grilled :? :lol:

This is the link to the original recipe
http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-ga ... ast-186256

and this is my modified version using what I had on hand, a few hints from the comments, and rabbit of course.

4 lbs rabbit legs (a large whole rabbit would probably be good as well)
3 tsp garlic powder
2 sticks butter (It was really buttery but good. Some might want to reduce to 1 stick.)
2 cup homemade rabbit stock
1 tablespoon rosemary (I didn't actually have as much rosemary as the recipe called for so this is how much I used.)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 med-large onion

DIRECTIONS

Chop the onion and place in the bottom of the crockpot. Melt the butter and mix with spices. Layer the rabbit over the onion pouring a bit of spice mixture over each layer of rabbit. Add the broth.

Cook on high setting for about 4 hours or until rabbit is falling off the bone.

Serve with baked potatoes. We poured the left over sauce over the potatoes.

Hubby actually liked this so much he had me get another bag of rabbit legs out of the freezer and stick them in the crock pot with the left over sauce. :lol: We have 4 kids (including a 17 yr old boy who lifts weights, and tries to eat us out of house and home) and they all loved it so the original 4lbs went pretty fast. :lol:

This sounds so yummy my stomach is growling! I'm gonna save this recipe! Maybe it'll be the first rabbit meal I have? I love Rosemary in meals!

Latest posts

Back