Craiglist sellers how many places do you list on?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcs

Reaction score
I was curious to know how far and how many areas that you post on. I have been posting on 2 areas (one east of me and one west of me) both within 50 miles of me. I was curious if others post further out and have you found that beneficial. I imagine it would be beneficial if you were selling more hard to find breeds.

I'm in a suburb of Kansas City. I raise New Zealands and Std Rex. New Zealands, I usually stay within 200 miles which gets me to Omaha, Wichita, Topeka, Columbia. For the Rex rabbits - which are much harder to find - I post in the major cities in KS, MO, NE. (Those ads have pulled people in from Colorado and Oklahoma, too. ) I guess I post in about 15 cities total, depending on NZ or Rex.

Why out so far? One day I did Omaha on a whim and was surprised at the number of responses I got and the rabbits I sold. So then I kept going further out and kept getting surprised. KC is at the intersection of I-35 and I-70...major North-South and East-West interstates - pretty easy to get to.

Since all it takes is time, post where you want and just keep track of where your responses come from.

I've only advertised in "Houston" (Like a market of 4.5,illion isn't enough?) but considering the very limited success in that market , I'm considering expanding to Austin & DFW .... I really hate to eat those I'd like to keep.

Those that I wouldn't keep , I'm gonna eat!

I've never advertised beyond the Kansas City, Missouri area.

Here's the ad I've got running right now:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/4353622570.html

I've gotten several responses and a few sales.
Some of these pictures should look familiar to folks on this site. :D

grumpy. <br /><br /> -- Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 am -- <br /><br />
SuburbanHomesteader":3khvmzop said:
I'm in a suburb of Kansas City. I raise New Zealands and Std Rex. New Zealands, I usually stay within 200 miles which gets me to Omaha, Wichita, Topeka, Columbia. For the Rex rabbits - which are much harder to find - I post in the major cities in KS, MO, NE. (Those ads have pulled people in from Colorado and Oklahoma, too. ) I guess I post in about 15 cities total, depending on NZ or Rex.

Why out so far? One day I did Omaha on a whim and was surprised at the number of responses I got and the rabbits I sold. So then I kept going further out and kept getting surprised. KC is at the intersection of I-35 and I-70...major North-South and East-West interstates - pretty easy to get to.

Since all it takes is time, post where you want and just keep track of where your responses come from.

Never really gave this very much consideration, SHS. But, I may have to
reconsider my thinking. ""Myself""......I wouldn't drive that far.
BUT.....I'm old, grouchy, bad-back, and don't like to travel past the next town
which is 6 miles away. It's surprising how far some folks will travel.
But, in all honesty, if the stock is excellent quality, only one long trip is necessary.

grumpy":2z7bvyrk said:
""Myself""......I wouldn't drive that far. BUT.....I'm old, grouchy, bad-back, and don't like to travel past the next town which is 6 miles away. It's surprising how far some folks will travel. But, in all honesty, if the stock is excellent quality, only one long trip is necessary.

I'm right with you on sticking close to home. Guess I was more into "road trips" when I was younger. However, a chance to get good stock or a rare breed can be worth it. I know I'm looking forward to a trip to Plattsburg one of these days soon! :lol:

grumpy":2vclsn4n said:
I've never advertised beyond the Kansas City, Missouri area.

Here's the ad I've got running right now:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/4353622570.html

I've gotten several responses and a few sales.
Some of these pictures should look familiar to folks on this site. :D

grumpy.

Your ad is great. Well done just like your posts. At $15 a head I'd think you'd have a tremendous response. If the other ads in your area are anything like the ones I see here. Half have no pictures, the rest have poor pictures. In addition most include so little information it is laughable.

My favorites are the titles that say "Rabbits $20". No pictures, description reads "I have several rabbits available, email me for pics and info". It is no wonder I see those ads up for months. Another things I have found out is that you need Bunny Bunnies Rabbit and Rabbits in your title or at least description to be picked up in each search. I put all 4 in my titles. When I am searching I search for Rabbit|Rabbits|Bunny|Bunnies That will search for each term if you are looking for rabbits or checking out other sellers.

Latest posts

Back