Could it be from the pregnancy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So I bred my doe and there has been this almost immediate mood change. I mean she isn't aggressive and she does not handle anyone anywhere near her stomach. It has been uhm about 3 or 4 maybe 5 days since I bred her. I put the buck in there three times. Old wives tale says it ups your chances. At least 2 of the 3 times she did lift for the buck and he had an extremely dramatic fall and like pulled her down with him. *Might be a bit immature but I kinda laughed a bit it was so dramatic*

It could be. Every rabbit is different when they are pregnant; like my FA doe is REALLY aggressive she will not tolerate me in her nesting space or me touching her. She growls and boxes at me, but if she's not expecting she's just fine. The I have another doe that all she wants me to do is touch her; she's a mutt doe that gets really affectionate when she's expecting, and I found out that my Himalayan doe is like that too! she didn't like me touching her belly but she liked me massaging her back.

"I put the buck in there three times." are you bringing the buck to the doe's cage?

ButtonsPalace":2dk850pn said:
So I bred my doe and there has been this almost immediate mood change. I mean she isn't aggressive and she does not handle anyone anywhere near her stomach. It has been uhm about 3 or 4 maybe 5 days since I bred her. I put the buck in there three times. Old wives tale says it ups your chances. At least 2 of the 3 times she did lift for the buck and he had an extremely dramatic fall and like pulled her down with him. *Might be a bit immature but I kinda laughed a bit it was so dramatic*
puting the buck in the does cage is often problematic--- the doe should be brought to the bucks cage...

Celice":xmvj15nq said:
It could be. Every rabbit is different when they are pregnant; like my FA doe is REALLY aggressive she will not tolerate me in her nesting space or me touching her. She growls and boxes at me, but if she's not expecting she's just fine. The I have another doe that all she wants me to do is touch her; she's a mutt doe that gets really affectionate when she's expecting, and I found out that my Himalayan doe is like that too! she didn't like me touching her belly but she liked me massaging her back.

"I put the buck in there three times." are you bringing the buck to the doe's cage?

I had a neutral cage I put them in <br /><br /> -- Mon May 11, 2015 9:47 am -- <br /><br />
michaels4gardens":xmvj15nq said:
ButtonsPalace":xmvj15nq said:
puting the buck in the does cage is often problematic--- the doe should be brought to the bucks cage...

Put them in Neutral cage that way it wasn't his or hers

For my Doe the new attitude 3-5 days after mating :bunnyhop: does seem to indicate pregnancy. I would say your chances of her being pregnant are good, or that the pregnancy hormones are at least there (rabbits can have false pregnancies)....but they are l different and you will get to know your girl and her specific signs over time. Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

Well I am going to put her in his cage again tonight and see if she lifts. She did almost all three times they were together last time I think it was at least twice that I noticed

Latest posts

Back