converting a triple stack dog cage.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demamma

Reaction score
I got a triple stack dog cage for a amazing price. The wire spacing on the sides is ok for my bigger does and bucks but I plan on putting up some cheap wire inside so I can use it for when the does have kits. Until I can get more wire I want to keep my bucks in it. The floor is 1 inch squares. Is that too large for 9 pound and up rabbits? I plan in the future to put down some flooring wire but till then thought might use it for my bucks. I also bought what is called a puppy play pen with a top cover. the floor spacing is 1/2 inch by 4 inch. would that be ok for our english lop buck. He is a jerk so I thought a top opening cage would be a good thing. Thinking of maybe going back for some more as the prices are right.

You need to cover all that flooring with 1/2 x 1 or you will find injuries. Part of the reason for the spacing we use under the rabbits is to prevent pressure sores.
me, I am buying a used ferret cage, closing the up/down access hole, and getting a second litter pan made for it-- Love to repurpose less expensive stuff when money is short--

I would worry about a foot slipping through that spacing. Still, floor wire is a lot less $$$ than a whole new cage!

Latest posts

Back