Colour question Oreo's kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mckatie

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of Oreo's original litter. He was a blue gray, but like the others changed to mostly shades browns. His colour on the sides,back are white with tipped hair. What would you put on the pedigree besides broken? Thank you!1000004879.jpg1000004865.jpg

Attachments

• 20240530_110956.jpg
    20240530_110956.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240530_111029.jpg
    20240530_111029.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
This is one of Oreo's original litter. He was a blue gray, but like the others changed to mostly shades browns. His colour on the sides,back are white with tipped hair. What would you put on the pedigree besides broken? Thank you!
He looks like a broken sable point to me, i.e. a non-extension sable <aaB_c(chl)_D_eeEnen>. When kits start out bluish then change to chocolatey, that's sable. The pale, smokey look to his body coloration ("tipped hair"), with dramatically darker points, signals non-extension.

A seal would be closer to black, and a sable with normal extension would have darker body markings. Although sable points can be pretty dark, to me their body color always seems "smokier" than sables. Here's Cosette, my daughter's young broken sable point Holland:
Cosette pose 5-26-24.JPGCosette.JPG

If the little buck is CC's offspring, I think I'd finally settle on sable point rather than sallander for CC! (Maybe you already got there....) ;)

He looks like a broken sable point to me, i.e. a non-extension sable <aaB_c(chl)_D_eeEnen>. When kits start out bluish then change to chocolatey, that's sable. The pale, smokey look to his body coloration ("tipped hair"), with dramatically darker points, signals non-extension.

A seal would be closer to black, and a sable with normal extension would have darker body markings. Although sable points can be pretty dark, to me their body color always seems "smokier" than sables. Here's Cosette, my daughter's young broken sable point Holland:
View attachment 41847View attachment 41848

If the little buck is CC's offspring, I think I'd finally settle on sable point rather than sallander for CC! (Maybe you already got there....) ;)
Cracked Pepper is from that 1st CC/Oreo litter. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back