Colorado State Convention This Weekend

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you R/Ters coming to Pueblo this weekend. This show marks the 100 Year Anniversary of the Oldest Rabbit Club in the United States of America: Pikes Peak Rabbit Breeders Association! (PPRBA)

Judging starts at 8:00 AM Saturday 4/12/14 with the Rocky Mountain High Shows, Inc. Colorado State Convention and the PPRBA show to follow there after. This is a two day, two show event.

Here's a link to show catalog (pdf) for those that are interested; http://www.rmhshows.com/COConvPPRBA2014.pdf :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3: Hope some of us can finally meet up. :D

I'll be there!!! Can't stay to show, working Sundays till the end of May, so two day shows don't work for me right now, but I'm definately going up saturday! You should let me know where to find you, I'll come say hi.

Good to hear a few will be making it down for the show. I've sent an email to coyotejoe to see if he's coming too. (he hasn't been on here in a couple weeks)

PSFA- I'll PM my cell to those that reply to this post so we can find each other.

:!: Maybe we should harass MC into making a R/T banner we could stick up on a wall for those without a cell phone for a place to meet up. :p Of course we'd need tear off tabs with the site URL on it. <shameless plug for R/T>

I plan to be there most of the day Saturday and part of Sunday but not sure how long. I'm on the hunt for an Orange French Lop buck but they're pretty hard to find so fingers crossed. If anyone knows of one :all-ears:

Mickey - Best of luck with your first showing! :good-luck: Can your friend tag your cage with a piece of paper with maybe you user name here so I know which bun to watch for Saturday. I'll try and get some pictures for you. :camera3:

Well, turns out Sadie won't be going to Pueblo :( Was all set to hand her off and dang if she doesn't have a good case of the runs. I'm sure she'll be fine...just a case of too much spring grass, but I think she'll be better off at home. I'm bummed; would have been really interested to see what the judges think of her. Ah well, there'll be another show soon. I still plan to attend on Sunday though. I'll be wearing a red hat, so if you see me, give me a holler so we can say howdy. Really love meeting other CO rabbit folk!

Good luck at the show, everybody! :good-luck:

I'll be in Lancaster showing on Saturday. :)

PSFAngoras":3m8kqttt said:
Darn these rabbit shows!!!!!!!!
Mickey328":3m8kqttt said:
Amateur! I came home from Loveland with 5!

*Snort!* Amateur, indeed! Show 'er how it's done, Mickey! :twisted:

Although PSF did post pics of her acquisitions, and I don't see any of yours.

I sold my JW doe Showoff today, so actually came home with less rabbits than I went to the show with! :p

My Jr. Opal Rex buck took BOSB in both shows out of 33 rabbits (a white Sr. doe took BOB in both), and my Jr broken Satin buck took BOSB out of 19 in both shows (my Satin mentor's doe took BOB in both)- and the judges placed the classes pretty evenly overall. Some of my other bunnehs won legs too. :D

No problem, PSF :) Just wondered if it might have been Kiersten.

You're right, Mama...I've never been able to figure out how to post pics :( It always tells me they're too big.

But...back with fewer rabbits? I'm impressed! Hope the show's going great for you.

I'm off to ours...in the snow, dang it. But I WILL prevail and come home with only carriers...EMPTY carriers! LOL

To make the pics smaller I usually go into "paint" and shrink them by resizing. Or if you have the Windows version (Windows Live Photo gallery) you can go to properties and resize. I go with the small (800X ??) so that the forums don't kick them back to me.

[album]2556[/album][album]2555[/album][album]2554[/album][album]2553[/album][album]2548[/album]

Thanks, Sagebrush. I finally managed to get an avatar; hope the other ones work as well!

First is Phanny (Rolls Royce Phantom), broken opal Rex doe. Next is Max (Maxima), jr Champagne buck. Then there's Volare, chocolate mini Rex doe (hubby fell in love with her). Then there's Sable, black Rex buck and then Dusie (Dusenberg) broken black NZ doe.

Bred Volare to Sable and she had 3 REWs and a black...great first time mama. Dusie was bred to our SF buck. She kindled 9 but we only ended up with 5...3 broken and 2 black. Will be breeding them both again in a couple weeks.

Phanny will be ready to breed on toward the end of next month...can't wait to see what colors we get.

There was a pretty good turn out for the shows this weekend. There was a little over 800 rabbits present.

Saturday I was given the pleasure of meeting up with PSFAngoras. A very energetic, fun young lady that really seems to like all the show action. As I'm sure by now you've seen her other thread with her champs she does suffer a bit of rabbitosis. :lol: I do have to admit though that I wasn't any help. :twisted: When we first met she showed me a real cutesie chocolate ND she had spotted. Though I tried to push her over the edge I failed on that attempt but the bug was instilled. :pokeeye: As we were about to go our own ways she mentioned an artist over against the wall and who she thought it might be.

Well, being the shy one I am I headed over to meet this young lady. She was setting up her work and we talked for awhile. I mention R/T a couple times and didn't get any reaction...at first. I recognized some of her work that has been posted here and I finally asked her. "Aren't you Jackelope from Rabbit Talk"? Sure enough it was her and let me tell you, the pictures posted here don't hold a candle to seeing her work in person. Very impressive.

I should have known better than to egg PSF on about that little ND. When I wasn't looking she didn't jab me with the rabbitosis stick, she beat me with the entire branch. WHAM! :bdh: I came home with a little fawn French Lop doe.

She is 9 or 10 weeks old (haven't got the ped yet) and a real chunk. Her mom and dad were very big rabbits so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Yes, I only came home with one and boy it was tough! :p Who's the "Amateur" now?

Sadly I never did get to meet up with Mickey Sunday. I called her about 10-10:30 Sunday when I got there but missed her. By the time I arrived I was grabbed up to start taking pictures of the Youth judging for the awards (pics and a new thread latter) and never could get out in the crowd to try and find her. Maybe we can all meet up May 3rd. There is another show at the fairgrounds then. (more to follow)

Attachments

• Babby-Doe.JPG
    Babby-Doe.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 760
Doggone it...I never heard the dang phone ring! I got there about 10:10. Awful long drive for 2 hours but worth it. I was sooooo good...I came home with only 1 rabbit and it's for someone else; I was just transporting. However, I already have 6 reserved for the trip home from Ohio next month and who knows what the final tally may end up being.

Whacked you with a stick, eh, Homer?

As I recall you had already aquired her before we met up!! Can't blame me!!! Boy she is cute though!

I did indeed resist the little Nethie boy, but he was a chestnut, not a chocolate. :) I couldn't very well justify bringing him home, he wouldn't even amount to an appetizer! At least I could defend the champs to DH, they are a meat breed after all, though I was still in pretty big trouble for spending money when the house needs remodeled. I told him I was unselfishly creating security from an empty freezer this winter. He didn't quite buy it. :p

PSFAngoras":2hf2vvro said:
Whacked you with a stick, eh, Homer?

As I recall you had already acquired her before we met up!! Can't blame me!!! Boy she is cute though!
Actually I hadn't paid for her when we were talking. I sat down on the bleachers after meeting Jackelope and the boy and his dad walked up and put her in my lap. :wall: That finished it, I had to go get my carrier.
PSFAngoras":2hf2vvro said:
... I told him I was unselfishly creating security from an empty freezer this winter. He didn't quite buy it. :p
LOL Imagine that. He should know better than to let you go to a show unsupervised. :laugh2:

He did point to the carrier in the back of the car when I was backing out of the drive way that morning and asked "what the heck is that!?" With a big smile on his face.

He knows better by now!

He doesn't so much care that I brought more rabbits home, just that I spent quite a bit of money between the rabbits and supplies to finish my one stack that was incomplete. He probably wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't given him a hard time about buying new mirrors for his pick up when his old ones were perfectly fine, so I know I had it coming! :)

I wish I had joined Rabbit talk sooner. It would have been fun to take my boys to the convention. I am not a breeder yet. I just have two harlequin does that I bought last week Wednesday. I will be moving to North Dakota in late spring and will be getting a buck or two then. I could have learned a lot from the convention before I leave. :( Hopefully North Dakota doesn't have theirs until later in the year so I can go.

Latest posts

Back