Color question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RootedLove

Reaction score
Sorry for the generic title! This is the sire of my current litter. I purchased the dam bred so he isn't mine and unfortunately he passed away last week. But as I have been breaking down genotypes for my babies I realized that I don't think he is actually a broken orange(his pedigree listed color). I think he is a broken tort marten. He does have a black otter grandparent. Opinions?
image.php

Well he does look like a tort, but I haven't seen a marten yet, so i don't know any more than that.

skysthelimit":36g37zwl said:
Well he does look like a tort, but I haven't seen a marten yet, so i don't know any more than that.

Thank you for your response! :) He may even be one of those crazy off colors and not fit into a certain one and so was given a color he could be shown with. I do not think he is broken orange though. His sire was broken blue tort out of a blue tort and broken opal. Dam was supposedly a broken orange out of a broken otter-black and a Frost. Crazy!

He looks like chocolate agouti.i have a chocolate agouti netherland buck.Orange often has chocolate in the mix.

curlysue":3ohbh9kv said:
He looks like chocolate agouti.i have a chocolate agouti netherland buck.Orange often has chocolate in the mix.

I always find that so hard to tell with these broken lops. They don't have the eye rings the way my rexes do. I have one here, and I'm not quite sure if she's a tort either, just doesn't seem right, chocolate brown on the ears, but doesn't seem right for agouti either.

Latest posts

Back