Color percentages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a doe (Chocolate Havana)they come in Black, Blue, Broken & Chocolate. Looking at the two pedigrees( both Chocolates) of the father and the mother you'd have 28 recorded colors. My question is there a way or a formula to figure the possible or likelihood of the offspring? Of the the 28 I have a history of 12 Chocolate(43%),9 Black(32%), 6 Broken(22%), & 1 Blue (3%). Anyway I am on day 23 so my mind is everywhere, I didn't know if there was a set science or it is all by chance. I did palpitate 6 buns on day 10.

100% Chocolate (since there's only 1 blue in the pedigree, but a lilac is possible I suppose)

Is either of them broken chocolate or has either had any blue or lilac kits before?

If both parents are chocolate you've eliminated black from the possibilities because black is dominant to chocolate. If it exists you see it. Broken is also seen if there and does not hide. If one is a broken you have a 50% chance and if neither are you have a 0% chance. How many blacks or brokens are in the background doesn't matter when dealing with such simple genetics. All there is to calculate would be the chance of a lilac with the single blue since that's the only thing left to hide and the odds would probably be below 1%.

Ok thanks for the information. I will update it next with some pictures of the kits next week after they are born.

Latest posts

Back