Color ID, Please!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
The parents are both Opal, one is a broken. According to my Evan's Software, their genetics are:

AaB_C_ddE_enen (Enen for the broken, of course.)

The kit has pink skin, and a whitish undercoat.

IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3683.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG

still thinking blue.
such interesting colors. there must be someone going from the west coast to somewhere near that can get me that kit!!!!

Sistah,

here we go again in our parallel universe, both having mystery kits at the same time! :lol:

RR,

I have blues, and they don't have the white undercoat. I assumed it was a blue, until Queenpup noticed the white.

Here is a blue:

IMG_3695.JPG

The two together:

IMG_3698.JPG

Bellies:

IMG_3702.JPG

OneAcreFarm":1malx2cw said:
Could it be a Blue Chinchilla or what they call "squirrel"?

Hmm. Blue chin should still be agouti marked.
http://www.gbfarm.org/rabbit/holland-co ... outi.shtml

What's the rest of the colors in the pedigree? Opals carrying chin could do some crazy stuff. I have an opal from a broken castor that is out of a blue bred to a chin. I'm just waiting for a surprise to pop up.

This is from a full brother/sister pairing.

On the dam's side, I have opal, lynx, blue, and one broken seal. On the sire's side I have black, blue, black otter, and REW.

No help here. Gotta watch and wait then.
That's a mix of colors that could allow for anything, as lynx are chocolate based, opals are black based, and seals are chl himi based.

is this one related to the non agouti- agouti that you have? Perhaps it's really and opal missing eye rings and proper ear lacing?

Yeah, quite the mix of colors. The dam is Poppy, one of my original does. The sire is out of Feather, my other original doe who was bred to my original buck Black Floyd.

Mysterious is the non-agouti agouti, out of Poppy and Black Floyd.

Black Floyd's pedigree has Black Otters and black on top, and REW, black otter, and black on the bottom. There are four brokens in his pedigree.

Poppy has opal, lynx, and blue on top. Same on the bottom, but her Great Grandmother is listed as a broken seal- maybe she is where these Mysterious colored ones are coming from? :? I thought Mysterious might be a seal when she showed up. The seal is the only broken in the pedigree.

Feather has blue, black, and black otter on top, and the same on the bottom with a REW Great Grandfather. There are six brokens in the pedigree.

skysthelimit":1e271e91 said:
there must be someone going from the west coast to somewhere near that can get me that kit!!!!

Lol! You must have posted that while I was getting the new pics! I just saw this comment. :D You might have a fight on your hands with Queenpup, though!

Devon's Mom Lauren":1e271e91 said:
It is an opal, but it is missing its rufous.In other words absolutely no red/tan in it's ring colour.

Why would that happen?

It seems the non agouti agouti thing struck another kit.

Getting good opals is hard, which is why it's near impossible for me to buy an opal. A lot of breeders won't breed them, or they shy completely way from agoutis. a good opal is as rare as a good lynx. The ring color sometimes comes in gradually as the kits ages, or not at all. Lucky has some ring color, but he will never be shown, because the ring color is not throughout the fur, only on his sides and shoulders. There are not rings on his back at all. But he does have agouti markings.

Latest posts

Back