Color-fast paintable dyes for rabbit furs?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I know that Bluekote will dye a white hide purple - then the rabbit sadly became a hide - and, 9 years on, it's still the same color :lol: so I know it can be done.

But any internet search I do is just confusing so thought I would ask here instead.

Sharpy marker does NOT work - internet suggestion number 1 - epic fail.

Is there a paint on, color-fast dye, that can be used on rabbit hides, without soaking them in the dye?

I have seen many amazingly dyed hides, all leopard spots or tiger stripes, and they clearly have not been simply soaked in a vat.

There are certainly colored liquid alcohol and acrylic inks which are quite waterproof on paper. I expect they'd be so on hides as well, though I'm not sure how it would behave otherwise given the way they coat a surface. Might make the fur clumpy? Particularly acrylic... Just an idea if you happened to have any to play with ;)

Dharma trading may have some ideas, there's a lot of different dyes there for various fibers. Something like batik might work. That's where they make colored designs using inks on fabric.

https://www.dharmatrading.com/

Back