Colony Idea

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyva

Reaction score
I've got plans for a colony set-up, really more of a growout tractor. A large part of my yard is white and red clover and grass mixed with weeds, I don't believe in mowing, spent several years of my life on a grounds crew, not wasting any more of my life riding in circles. I have an old satellite dish with the fine metal screen, I'm going to attach screen around the bottom around the edges, tangentially overlapping if you can picture it. that should prevent dig-unders. I'm going to cut an access hole in it for sending in my small endentured servants to catch rabbits for moving. Moving will be done by picking it up and rolling it like a wheel. Cement block and plywood hiding spots will be provided as well as food and water. I will try to get some pictures, it will be awhile before I implement this plan.
My question is, how much growout can you do on good pasture? Pasture is bound to have a high water content and a lower protien content than feed, so it would take longer, but it is much cheaper. I'm assuming that putting in a doe and letting her raise kits in there would work better for the fryers than throwing them on fresh grass as weanlings. (I suppose you could put them on grazed over ground to start with). How many rabbits could you fit in a 10 to 12 foot satellite dish with foot tall clover, grass and plaintain growing in it?

I think I was reading that link from somewhere else on here when I came up with the satellite idea.

Latest posts

Back