Chinchilla, am I wrong?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been a while since I showed signs of life I know. Just been working too much for my health and honestly its starting to show, sigh.... Hopefully once I've been working there long enough I can negotiate working part time.
Anyways...

So I have this buck.... was sold to me as a double mane lionhead back when I was still a beginner to the race. Now I would be able to tell he obviously wasnt... He's single mane, lost most of his mane by now too and I highly suspect he's a meatbun cross. He's just a big pile of muscles, with his back 4 inch wide x.x I didnt weight him, but my guess is he's at least 7lbs maybe even 8lbs
Anyways, he's my only chinchilla rabbit and has a great personality and as some of you know I dont mind "impureness" too much. So my guess was breeding him to my smallest female. A single mane, who still has a great mane even after several litters, magpie doe. She's a 3lbs with a skittish personality, so I though they would even out each other's traits. I want a double mane chinchilla from this paring before I cull the buck. From my prior research magpie carries chinchilla so I though this would work, but all 4 babies turned out magpie also. Is it just dumb luck or am I wrong?
Here's the link to the litter on my website if anyone wants to see em : http://kimitsukouseki.wixsite.com/bunbun-stories/2018-03-30-evaaniki

I was hoping it was bad luck, but was worried I had miscalculated the color genes. Thanks for reasuring me.

Back