Cecal Pellet Questions....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We feed mainly pelleted feed. Hay is given in the morning along with a small amount of oats and BOSS. Our large breed ( Palominos) do fine with this... i have seen nothing that concerns me about our feeding regimen for them.

Now, on the other hand... i am slowly venturing into a Whole New World ( for me)... very small rabbits... very small Woolie rabbits... Jersey Woolys to be precise. I am noticing that when they get hay... there will also be a large amount of Cecal pellets...sometimes to the extent of getting their furry behinds quite messy.

The questions are... Don't they Need hay to aid in the prevention of wool block ?? or do they just need Less of it than i am handing out ??? or perhaps should it be every Other day ?? Does Hay = cecal pellets ???

Thank You in Advance.

Hay = high fiber which creates large firm pellets. I don't believe their cecal poops would be different but to this.

But all that fur can make it harder for the rabbits to get at them and also cause extras to get stuck. My Lion Lops tend to have messier butts than my smooth costs as well.

Latest posts

Back