Cat injury

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
My cat Blitz has had a injury on her belly it has been there for a year and it has been getting infected then it almost healed and now it is... I think it is bigger. she got it when she went in the forest for ten days ( and yes I live on a rather small island with nobody except my mother, her boyfriend, my sister, two dogs, three cats, and 11 chicken) maybe she fell out of a tree, and now she has been gone for a week and the two nights before she went she barely ate but it is possible that she ate a rat. I would really like to have some advice. And also we tried to give her medicine but the injury got worse so we stopped.

i Don’t think there was a infection last time I saw her. also the wound is not deep.
the picture is how it looked maybe six months ago unfortunately that is the only picture of it that i have. Also now the wound is like two circle rather than one and a little more yellowish

Attachments

• 141E6AD6-A6D9-42EB-AFF2-0ED06001EBCE.jpeg
    141E6AD6-A6D9-42EB-AFF2-0ED06001EBCE.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 7
That would explain why it is getting bigger. If that is the reason it never heals then we need to stop her. Do you think a cone or a bandage is better? How do you think she got it.

When she comes back can you maybe wrap self adhesive tape around her mid section covering her wound? Also adding newsworthy painrelief can help it heal and provide her comfort. Clean it Antiseptic saline solution or betadine(okay if you like it) spray/wash before your add the ointment and wrap. If it were my cat I'd change the wrap everyday and as it gets better space it out more. (Under the wrap where her wound have piece of gauze ). Once its dried put tripple paste cream on it to speed hthe healing. Sounds like ringworm too me. Ring worm normal starts healing in the center and spreads out.
Add organic/grassfed beef liver(vitamin A) and eggs to her diet to help fight infection. If it is ringworm - cut all sugar and carbs in her diet to stop feeding the fugus. Be sure to keep taurine in her diet though- search cat alkeline carb free homemade recipes. Clean all bedding. Surgical scrub kills everything- I
It's called Hibaclens. If you decide to use this don't let her lick it you have to rinse it off of her.(fungus thrives in an acidic environment).

A cotton ball soaked it Betadine and then placed on her wound would probably sooth/provide comfort

Try searching photos of a cat with ringworm to see if your cats circular wound matchs.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ringworm-body/symptoms-causes/syc-20353780

Last edited:
And I live in Anabas, Indonesia there is no vet. I don’t think it is ringworm if anything it is from a tree or something

Last edited:
just so you guys know you don’t have to reply to this any. Blitz hasn’t come back and… I have my doubts that she will come back. You probably think why are you even staying there three of you cats might have been eaten by snakes and then all you can think about is the next cat(yes I will get a other kitten). I don’t know, I want another kitten with all those whiskers and that fishface like muzzle but I know that I will never have a other cat that sleeps at my pillow and purs in my ear but I wish.

Attachments

• 36D0F2AF-F3E7-4132-9370-068F2D30B8DC.jpeg
    36D0F2AF-F3E7-4132-9370-068F2D30B8DC.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 8
  • E90B722B-FC69-4113-9D17-236BD28D5F8F.jpeg
    E90B722B-FC69-4113-9D17-236BD28D5F8F.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 3D93F7AA-F40D-4281-B644-C8C99849DB19.jpeg
    3D93F7AA-F40D-4281-B644-C8C99849DB19.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 8
It may not sleep on your pillow but a cat will usually sleep on your bed with you.

the cats basically always sleep on the bed or at least if they are in the tent. They could go at the very edge of the tent…..

just so you guys know you don’t have to reply to this any. Blitz hasn’t come back and… I have my doubts that she will come back. You probably think why are you even staying there three of you cats might have been eaten by snakes and then all you can think about is the next cat(yes I will get a other kitten). I don’t know, I want another kitten with all those whiskers and that fishface like muzzle but I know that I will never have a other cat that sleeps at my pillow and purs in my ear but I wish.
Oh Cosima it's always sad to lose an animal, more difficult when you don't know what's happened to them❤️ Maybe Blitz might still make it home, if not she had your love and attention. On the bright side, there are always more cats to love!

Outside, cats can have a tough time, because they are sure they are tigers and are always taking on fights that are bigger than they are. I once saw my 3 pound cat try to take on a massive 20 lb raccoon. The only reason she made it was that I came along and scared away the raccoon. But that giant attitude in the cuddly package is why we love them.

Back