Can I hang a large cage?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattersp

Reaction score
Would it be a bad idea to hang a 96in x 30in x 18in modular cage that has a divider down the middle? Would it be supportive enough?

the cage looks roughly like this: 96 x 30 x 18 (2x) Modular Wire Rabbit Cage

the bottom is 14 gauge GAW 1/2”x1” and the sides are 16 gauge GBW 1/2”x1”

I am not sure what you are asking. There is no reason why you can't hang the cage but you may need to do three sets of whatever you are using to hang it. Or attach something (like a 2x4) to the top edges and then hang it from that if you want to just have two hanging points. We just finish hanging this frame for my cages - I was coming here to post a pic anyhow.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1636376675508.jpg
    FB_IMG_1636376675508.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 24
I am not sure what you are asking. There is no reason why you can't hang the cage but you may need to do three sets of whatever you are using to hang it. Or attach something (like a 2x4) to the top edges and then hang it from that if you want to just have two hanging points. We just finish hanging this frame for my cages - I was coming here to post a pic anyhow.
Amazing set up! Are the wire cages mounted to the top rails?

Amazing set up! Are the wire cages mounted to the top rails?
Yes! AT first we made hangers out of 14 gauge wire but we could not get them just right so we went to S hooks. They are not screwed in super tight so I can flip them up if need be. It actually adds to the stability of the cage as there are four hooks (2 boards supporting each side).

Attachments

• PXL_20211107_165250340.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211107_165250340.MP.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 6
These are the three frames for the first half. and the top frame hanging.

Attachments

• PXL_20211101_165126299.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211101_165126299.MP.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20211031_174604338.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211031_174604338.MP.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 8
Hubby has pretty good carpentry skills but the frames are simple enough really anyone could do them. That was one thing I was excited about. Now when he attached the second set, that was considerably more difficult but you wouldn't have to do that. We are trying to do a lot of things in that 18 by 50 metal building i love to call a barn. I would have actually liked to have the two sets hanging separately but it would have added a couple feet to the length and pushed into our "cow" section. We originally planned to hang them side by side but not quite enough room since we wanted to be able to push a wheel barrow around the entire frame.

Hubby has pretty good carpentry skills but the frames are simple enough really anyone could do them. That was one thing I was excited about. Now when he attached the second set, that was considerably more difficult but you wouldn't have to do that. We are trying to do a lot of things in that 18 by 50 metal building i love to call a barn. I would have actually liked to have the two sets hanging separately but it would have added a couple feet to the length and pushed into our "cow" section. We originally planned to hang them side by side but not quite enough room since we wanted to be able to push a wheel barrow around the entire frame.
Nice work!

Latest posts

Back