Calling those in Southwestern Ontario

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JG3

Reaction score
I need help sourcing feed. I’m about to give up before even starting our rabbitry because it’s been so hard, but we really want to do this. I’m looking for non-gmo rabbit pellets but I can only find the major brands that contain soy or corn, etc. does anyone have any leads or can help?

I can source pure alfalfa or Timothy hay pellets, nothing added to them, but it’s my understanding that just those still lack nutrients or things the rabbits need. Would these work? Or what would they need supplemented with?

Please help a frustrated person out 🥴

Have you tried Homestead Organics?

www.homesteadorganics.ca

I've dealt with a company of the same name near Ottawa, but it was years ago. They made a good product. It did have soy, but it was not GMO.

It's worth checking out, in any case.

Your other alternative is to look at a pelletless diet for your rabbits. Natural feeding is feasible if you have acreage available to gather forage. We have a forum for Natural Feeding if the idea interests you.

Last edited:
Have you tried Homestead Organics?

www.homesteadorganics.ca

I've dealt with a company of the same name near Ottawa, but it was years ago. They made a good product. It did have soy, but it was not GMO.

It's worth checking out, in any case.

You other alternative is to look at a pelletless diet for your rabbits. Natural feeding is feasible if you have acreage available to gather forage. We have a forum for Natural Feeding if the idea interests you.
Thank you, I will check with them! They are actually pretty local too!
A pelletless diet isn’t an option as we live in a small town. We have a large backyard for a town but not enough to grow and forage all that we would need to do that 100%. Otherwise, we would be all over that!

I need help sourcing feed. I’m about to give up before even starting our rabbitry because it’s been so hard, but we really want to do this. I’m looking for non-gmo rabbit pellets but I can only find the major brands that contain soy or corn, etc. does anyone have any leads or can help?

I can source pure alfalfa or Timothy hay pellets, nothing added to them, but it’s my understanding that just those still lack nutrients or things the rabbits need. Would these work? Or what would they need supplemented with?

Please help a frustrated person out 🥴
Modesto Milling Organic Non-GMO Rabbit Food, 50-lb bag; Modesto Milling Organic No Corn/Soy Pellet Rabbit Food is a versatile food that supports health in both rabbits and chinchillas. It’s formulated to support all purposes and life stages, including growth, maintenance, lactation, fur development and show animals. These pellets include organic alfalfa which has been sun-dried and provides a high fiber content.
I pay 32 bucks a bag, but it’s worth it to us to eat organic. Plus my kids are allergic to soy and corn so we try to keep it out of the meat. I had to ask my local feed supply shop to ship it in.

I’m looking for non-gmo rabbit pellets but I can only find the major brands that contain soy or corn, etc.
Plus my kids are allergic to soy and corn so we try to keep it out of the meat.
Hello! I'm very fortunate to have a New Country Organics distributor nearby here in Kentucky, USA, whose feed doesn't contain soy/GMO. I pay $40 for a 50 lb bag. They offer shipping, but of course it would cost more that way. I've only been giving these pellets to growouts for the last few weeks before processing due to the cost, and Manna Pro otherwise. My hope is that a few weeks off soy is enough to eliminate or at least reduce any residual phytoestrogen, but I really don't know if it does anything at all (or if the phytoestrogen passes through the meat at all to begin with). I plan to really lean on forage once it gets warm and try to save dried forage for the winter so I'll need less pellets overall.

Does anyone happen to know to what extent soy/phytoestrogen is present in rabbit meat if their pellets contained soy? Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back