cage wire question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi i was wanting to know if you could make the whole cage out of the floor wire 1/2x1 in in size also what size sould i make a cage for a mid size rabbit say 8- 12 pounds they reason i ask if you could make the whole cage out of 1/2x1 in wire is i know a older lady i do yard work for and her husband used to raise rabbits before he passed a way long story short i can get a real good deal on a 100 foot roll of 14 gauge 1/2x1 in h is 30 inches

I would not build a rabbit cage out of all 1/2" X 1" wire.
It might be a good idea to build a Carrying cage out of 1/2" X 1".

I would use the 1/2" X 1" for the floor and build my cages
36" long by 24" deep by 18" high for Does.
Buck cages are 24" by 30" by 18" Cage wire is either 1" X 1"
or 1" X 2" wire. The extra floor wire will come in handy
when you need to replace cage floors. Trust me, you will eventually need to.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

using all floor wire for a single cage is more expensive, but also more secure in the long run. Measure and cut carefully-that 1/2x1 wire is expensive, so don't waste any of it! Make sure your cage design will 'work' for you before committing the wire to it!

One advantage to going all 1/2X1 is that you can put any size rabbit into it down to the smallest popples.

uh... unless you need the whole roll and can use it, I would cut what I needed/wanted out of it and sell the rest... and use the money to buy the 1x2 wire... probably more than enough to do so with some cash left. JMO

Latest posts

Back