Cage floor

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwi1890

Reaction score
Hello all, would 19 gauge wire 1/2 inch x 1 inch clipped onto 2 inch 14 gauge wire be sufficient? As in 19gauge on top and 14 gauge under as added support? Or is 19 gauge wire to rough in general?

This 19 gauge wire, Are you referring to hardware mesh? I've used the 1/2x1/2 hardware mesh, and it's manageable... but you definitely need to watch closely for sore hocks, and give them a perch to rest on.

This 19 gauge wire, Are you referring to hardware mesh? I've used the 1/2x1/2 hardware mesh, and it's manageable... but you definitely need to watch closely for sore hocks, and give them a perch to rest on.
yes I believe so, I wont be using at as flooring have some plastic mesh pannels on order. Very difficult to find 14-16 gauge wire in 1/2 here in the UK.

I thought in the UK wire on cages was disallowed? and that folks were required to use wood flooring with spacers? But perhaps I don't really understand UK laws regarding rabbits.

Back