Cage dividers-yes or no

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 3 does. All have kits. I have peg board dividers between them. Which can be removed.
I put them in because the 1st Doe was upset with her neighbor shortly after kindling.
I put the next one between the other two prior to kindling. To prevent the same aggression. (Yeah. Another newby action.)
Well, now it's turned hot again. The walls are preventing air flow.
Should I have even put them in in the 1st place?

I don't know how big the space is, so I don't know if it was "necessary", but no matter what if you had aggression then I would likely have done something similar. How old are the kits now? are they hopping around or still confined to the nest?

To improve airflow, maybe you can cut a window in the peg board and attach hardware cloth?

I don't know how big the space is, so I don't know if it was "necessary", but no matter what if you had aggression then I would likely have done something similar. How old are the kits now? are they hopping around or still confined to the nest?

To improve airflow, maybe you can cut a window in the peg board and attach hardware cloth?
Their cages are 36 inches wide by 30 inches deep. The kits are 3 weeks old Sat. Hopping around. Come and go in the nest as they please.
The does were boxing like kangaroos at the common wire wall.
That was when the kits were 5 days old.

Ahhh, I see. So this is not a new wall, just a more solid one. I suspect the does will now tolerate each other better, and the dividers probably were appreciated but not necessary.

I was thinking you had 3 cohoused does about to kindle and in that sort of situation it was totally necessary to separate them if they show signs of aggression. The only situation where it might not be is if they were sharing some giant space, like a large colony in a barn or something.

Ahhh, I see. So this is not a new wall, just a more solid one. I suspect the does will now tolerate each other better, and the dividers probably were appreciated but not necessary.

I was thinking you had 3 cohoused does about to kindle and in that sort of situation it was totally necessary to separate them if they show signs of aggression. The only situation where it might not be is if they were sharing some giant space, like a large colony in a barn or something.
Thank you

Back