Bunnies are to hard..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaoskittiez

Reaction score
I have a neuro bunny that’s 2. We call her million dollar mable because of the vet bills. I also have her daughter and now a have a dumpster bunny ( loofah) that had 5 babies. It’s just so overwhelming. They are free roam on all three floors with toys tunnels comfys and 6 Persian kitty siblings. I can’t ever imagine seeing them in a wire cage forgotten outside.

I have a neuro bunny that’s 2. We call her million dollar mable because of the vet bills. I also have her daughter and now a have a dumpster bunny ( loofah) that had 5 babies. It’s just so overwhelming. They are free roam on all three floors with toys tunnels comfys and 6 Persian kitty siblings. I can’t ever imagine seeing them in a wire cage forgotten outside.
Is it possible to re-home any of the babies or change your current setup? Otherwise I don't think you'll see much improvement with your situation.

In the nicest possible way, please get those baby bunnies away from the cats!

You're keeping rabbits with Kits in with 6 cats?
In the nicest possible way, please get those baby bunnies away from the cats!
Being careful with them is obviously a good idea, but I have known several people who had cats and rabbits that were the best of friends, sharing both litter boxes and beds. One of the cats mothered the bunny until the bunny grew up to be bigger than the cat. :ROFLMAO: It really depends on the cats; the rabbits not so much, since if they grow up with peaceful cats and dogs they usually aren't afraid of them.

Having bunnies grow up unafraid of friendly pets might also make them more easily adopted out. I frequently have people ask if rabbits will get along with their other animals. Ours love other animals...as long as they're not looked on as prey, of course!

Last edited:
Not all cats... I have a cat that has both zero hunting ability and zero survival instinct. He weighs 6 lbs, has no front claws, and regularly challenges the belgian malinois...and survives due to my training and supervision. In fact he wins, the dog patiently holds still to be groomed by him.

Not all cats... I have a cat that has both zero hunting ability and zero survival instinct. He weighs 6 lbs, has no front claws, and regularly challenges the belgian malinois...and survives due to my training and supervision. In fact he wins, the dog patiently holds still to be groomed by him.
LOL, I love that!

Let me guess… your cats a Persian? I do have a Selkirk Rex. Them being a newer breed (80’s) I can see cat like qualities in him. A little more nimble.

Let me guess… your cats a Persian? I do have a Selkirk Rex. Them being a newer breed (80’s) I can see cat like qualities in him. A little more nimble.
no, actually, he is a tonkinese. They were developed from a siamese and a burmese crossed. He is very agile, but in some ways he acts more like a dog--bold, fearless, calm.
20170423_073631.jpg

I need to tell you about your Tonk. I met a very older woman who perfected this breed and made it the cfa standard. She was actually the person who inducted the cat breed to the cfa. She gifted a breeding pair of the Japanese emperor. Her kitties were what drew my son to the breed. Her babies were darker chocolate and small and sassy like her. She lived a New York close by nyc and at 80 would still travel to show her tonks. She was a spunky riot. She tried so hard to get me to use her for a mentor. I found the cat show world to be …. Catty… and I’m a dance mom.
no, actually, he is a tonkinese. They were developed from a siamese and a burmese crossed. He is very agile, but in some ways he acts more like a dog--bold, fearless, calm.
View attachment 40031

Latest posts

Back