Brokens to solids...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
If you breed a broken to a solid, you get either broken or solids....does it matter what color you breed together?
Could you breed a blue solid, orange solid, or tort solid to a broken tan?
(I am referring to Holland Lops)

Kara

Broken is a pattern and has no impact on color. Solids can contribute genes to the pattern (more or less white and location of color) but the color of the solid and broken will interact as if there is no broken gene. Broken is just thrown on top of the resulting color combination.

. The Broken pattern classification includes all recognized colors within the recognized groups in combination with white. Faults--Broken pattern animals--Unbalanced nose markings; white on one or both ears incomplete eye cirlces uneven patern distribution

If it's a recognized color the broken version can be shown. Not that every color of broken will show equally.

??????????? I'm confused?
My question was:
If you breed a broken to a solid, you get either broken or solids....does it matter what color you breed together?
Could you breed a blue solid, orange solid, or tort solid to a broken tan? :oops:
(I am referring to Holland Lops)

You can breed whatever the heck you want. It was just questioned what broken colors can be shown. In Holland lops that is every color you can show in solid.

Latest posts

Back